Genesis has redesigned the Genesis Intelligent Assistant app to enhance your driving experience with features that anticipate your needs. The home page is more personalized, intuitive, and robust with useful features and important information readily at hand.
The app will also accommodate new features enabled by the newest generation of Genesis Connected Services, which includes:
- Car Status Notifications
- Vehicle Status enhancement
- Maps enhancment to search Point of Interest, Genesis Retailers, and Fuel/Charge Stations
- Car Care Menu
- My Profile
- Service Valet
- Climate Start and other remote commands
- Charge Management for EV vehicles
The updated app should have appeared on your mobile device as a downloadable update. If that did not occur and you are reading this from your mobile device, here is where you can download the most up-to-date Apple version or Android version of the new app.
Greater usability starts on the Login page where “Forget Password” has been added, which takes you to a mobile version of the website’s Forget Password page.
Depending on the capability of your phone, your home page my invite you to skip the password altogether with the added options of Touch ID and Face ID for iPhone and Biometric Verification for Android.
More Options are provided for users to Explore MyGenesis, view Owner Resources, search retailers, or guest login from a logged-out state.
The new home page greets you, and in most cases, an image representing your vehicle will appear along with a quick view of your vehicle name, door lock status, fuel or battery status, and estimated range. The page provides access to these features:
- Your vehicle status information
- Remote Commands such as Start, Lock, Unlock, Stop, or Locate Vehicle
- Options to View Vehicle Status page and Start Charging (for EV vehicles)
- Driving Score (if enabled)
- Vehicle Safeguard Alerts
- Utilities Menu (three bars on the bottom left)
- Message Center (envelope icon on the bottom right)
The newest Genesis Connected Services Generation compatible conventional fuel-powered vehicles will have this added to the homepage:
- Fuel level gauge meter
- Fuel level percentage
- Estimated range in miles
- Ability to find nearest fuel stations in Maps
The home page for EV and Plug-in Hybrid models will include the following:
- Battery charge gauge meter and percentage
- Current range in miles (Plug-in hybrids include both battery-only and overall range)
- Currently plugged in indicator with voltage level and charging indicator
- Toggle to start or stop charging
- View Charge Management
- Ability to find nearest charge stations in Maps
The gauge meters listed above are color-coded as follows:
- 41 – 100% Green
- 21 – 40% Yellow
- 0 – 20% Red
The homepage also includes a refresh option to update the vehicle status, as well as a timestamp of the last refresh to always ensure you get your most current vehicle’s status.
Clicking "View Vehicle Status" on the homepage will lead you to a quick view of your vehicle status, showing status of doors, hood, trunk, cabin climate, and more. Viewing the Full List gives you an even more detailed view of the vehicle such as lights, fluid level, and battery pre-conditioning (for EV vehicles).
Activating Remote Start from the home page (for applicable models) will display a page to enable you to review your Climate Start Presets. You can even customize your remote start presets to your preferences for Summer and Winter months.
When you click Submit to remote start your car, the app will show the progress on the home page, following these four stages:
- Sending request
- Request sent / Request failed
- Success / Failed
Remote actions can now also generate specific messages as well as reminders about the expected result or limitations of certain remote actions. You will also be informed if an action is outside your Genesis Connected Services subscription level.
Access from the three-line icon at the bottom right of the homepage, the Utilities Menu has been redesigned to increase its visibility. From the Utilities menu, you can view and edit your Profile, Settings, and Dealer information.
You can also view your subscription status, get help & support, access Emergency Services, and manage multiple vehicles in My Garage. Digital Key and Surround View Monitor are also accessed through Utilities for supported vehicles.
My Profile, accessed through the Utilities Menu, lets you adjust your personal information and add additional drivers to the vehicle.
Through Driver Settings in My Profile, you can set the following information, ensuring the vehicle is catered to your personal preferences:
- Sound – Includes navigation prompts when audio is playing or a phone call is in progress.
- Active Noise Control – Adjusts the audio system’s noise cancelation technology.
- Drive Mode – Adjusts changes to engine sound, possible driver’s seat & climate control.
- Lighting – Adjusts headlight remain-on time after vehicle shutdown and the number of times turn signals blink from nudging the control.
- Door Locks –Automatic door lock and unlock and sets whether the driver’s door or all doors will initially unlock.
- Gauge Cluster – Set gauge cluster content and outside information such as speed limits or Icy road warnings.
- Seat Position – Enter your height, weight, and body type and the car can offer an ideal seating position, and other settings.
- Climate Control – Heated steering wheel and seats can be adjusted to reduce temperature over time for greater comfort.
Car Care Menu includes a wide range of features important to your vehicle experience. The following features are accessible in Car Care:
- Health & Maintenance to view Vehicle Health and Diagnostic Trouble Codes
- Servicing Your Vehicle to schedule service, view the collision repair center, and see current dealer service offers and promotions
- Owner Resources to learn more about the vehicle through Owner Manuals, Videos, and FAQs. A Digital Owner Manual experience is available for supported vehicles
Maps have been enhanced to provide you with a range of options to search. You can now search by Points of Interest, Fuel or Charge Stations, Genesis Retailers, and Vehicle Locator.
Once you find your desired destination, you can send the location to the vehicle. When you are ready to drive, the location will be added to the vehicle map.
You can directly schedule service from within the app, offering a convenient way to access the customer’s preferred retailer, schedule valet pickup service, and even receive a Genesis rental vehicle when your vehicle is being serviced (if available).
Owners of EV vehicles can set many charging preferences, such as Battery Pre-Conditioning, Setting AC/DC Charge Limits, and the ability to Start or Stop Charging from the screen.
If you click over to Scheduling, you can set charging schedules to automatically start charging based on your driving habits. You can also set cabin climate settings to be ready when scheduled and set off-peak efficiency to save on energy bill and maximize charge.
The Genesis Intelligent Assistant app is constantly being refreshed to look better, work better, and be ready to accommodate the wide array of new sophisticated features to be introduced on future Genesis models. As newer features become available, the Genesis Intelligent Assistant app will be updated to leverage those features within your smartphone whenever appropriate.