All Genesis vehicles come with three years of complimentary multimedia and navigation updates. The Navigation System has a database that should be updated to better help you locate recently added or changed points of interest. For all models updates are available each year in the Spring and Fall.
The method of updating your map data varies depending on the year and model of your Genesis. Please click HERE to find which system your model uses.
STEP #1: Log into MyGenesis.
STEP #2: Click onto the Map Update button located in the footer.
STEP #3: You will be redirected to the new map update site shown below. Select the “Navigation Updater” button.
STEP #4: Select Windows or Mac program.
OPTION #1: Download and Install
With this option you will be able to download the updated information directly and upload it to your SD card or USB based on your model. Your owner’s manual will inform you on where to find your SD card in your model.
1. Select “United States” and click "Next".
2. Select “Genesis” and click "Next".
3. Select a language and click “Next”.
4. Agree to the Terms & Conditions, click “Next”.
5. Select the saved location for the program, click “Next” to install.
6. The Navigation Updater shortcut will be saved on your Desktop.
7. Open the Navigation Updater icon on your Desktop and log in using your MyGenesis credentials.
8. Or log in as a guest under “Guest”.
9. A message will appear asking to confirm location to save the map files. Even when using a USB or SD card, some files will be temporarily saved on the hard drive. Press OK to continue.
10. Instructions will appear on how to find your software version as one option to find your vehicle. Click “OK”.
11. Enter your software version, or you can simply search by vehicle and model/year. If you previously logged into your MyGenesis account, your vehicle will be pre-selected. Click “Confirm”.
12. Once your vehicle is chosen, insert your USB or SD card (the SD card is highly recommended over saving to hard drive). Refer to “Portable Storage Device” to the type of media required.
If using a USB, insert 64 GB USB now. If using your vehicles SD card, insert into vehicle now. For aftermarket SD cards please follow requirements below:
Personal 32 GB SDHC UHS-1 Memory Card.
13. Once media is inserted, the new media will appear. Confirm location and Press “Start”.
14. If SD card inserted, the SD card recommendations will appear. Press “OK” to continue. If USB was inserted, skip to step 15.
15. The media will be formatted, press “Yes” to continue.
16. Downloading will now begin.
17. Once complete, the file will automatically be unzipped on media.
18. When complete, the vehicle installation instructions will appear. Follow the instructions to install in your vehicle. Press “OK” to continue.
19. You can also access the vehicle installation instructions under “Installation Instructions”. Next eject media and click “Close Program”.
OPTION #2: Order and Ship
1. Click onto the “Shipping Order Website” link.
2. Log in or create an MnSoft account.
3. Choose your Model Year and Model and click “Search”.
4. Choose your Media Option. Agree to Terms & Conditions and click “Add to Cart”.
5. Confirm your Shipping Address. Choose your Shipping Method and click “Next”.
6. Select “Bill to GMA”. Costs will be covered by Genesis Motors America.
Note: The billing address is inconsequential, you will not be charged. Your media will be shipped to you based on the shipping method you have chosen.
If you have any questions about installing or ordering your map update please call Genesis Customer Care at 1-844-340-9741.